Inventionen ’98: 50 Jahre Musique Concrete [coll] – [Edition Rz]
It appears that in 1998, 50 years after Pierre Schaffer’s compositions were dubbed “Musique Concrete” in 1948, these pieces were performed in Berlin. “Musique Concrete” uses found sounds that have been manipulated and in this case traditional musical instruments, machines, ice, trains, voices (Two Women are Margaret Thatcher and Princess Diana!), and many others are part of the “found” crowd.
I think this recording stands head and shoulders about the usual electroacoustic, experimental compositions. Very engaging and compelling, downright beautiful.
you heard it 36 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 553 days ago, Justin Outlier played Phonurgie (Cycle Du Son, 4)
- 564 days ago, Justin Outlier played Two Women - Four Voiceprints: Stentor
- 1067 days ago, Cousin Mary played Berlin Indoors (Slow Motion)
- 1292 days ago, Avakhov played Two Women - Four Voiceprints: Siren
- 1989 days ago, Sports Middle played Sept Jours
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File