T.D. Skatchit & Company – “Skatch Surveillance” – [Edgetone Records]
Finding; inner sounds (Greenlief), over sounds (Stackpole), rhythm (McDonas), pre-sounds (Moller), analogue sounds (Brown). Feeling song structure (Aurora 1), getting super tones (Segel), rainy exteriors (Djll), and rocky mountain flag capture (Dryer).
The majority of the recording was done in public installations (prior to guest collaboration), with an assembly of combs and recording equipment, capturing anonymous players on this instrument of plastic combs. Its sound is like a shuffling across of similar sounds (each part of the same comb), a bit like sawing, zipping, or the sounds of a fence when walking by with a stick sliding on it, or a bit like the crank ensemble. 1 also gives us phone and speaking fragments from a male. 2 female voice spit, spritz, spray, gargle, piggy noises, mood intonations, hm, arigato, ah!, ahhh, grumble, end of voice awes (stretched), and some words “we do (know)”. 4 snakes, garbling fish, arcade noises, and further (very accessible track). 5 more wind-voice then flute. 6 male voice, Italian? French?
-Eveningly Infinitely Wipes Scrub Sonny Atoms Grizzly Adam
you heard it 14 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1111 days ago, Max Level played Confined Canary - Karen Stackpole - Flipper Metal
- 3472 days ago, Max Level played Your Brain On Skatch - Chris Brown - Electronics
- 3574 days ago, Cynthia Lombard played Detective Skatchit - Rent Romus - Alto Sax
- 3698 days ago, Pax Humana played Skatch Surveillance - Jonathan Segel - Violin
- 3701 days ago, Ms. Tiza played Your Brain On Skatch - Chris Brown - Electronics
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File