Chadbourne, Eugene / Smith, Warren – “Odd Time” – [Engine Studios]
“Odd Times” is certainly odd – a collaboration between Chadbourne’s singing and banjo playing and Smith’s percussion, vibes and marimba. Off kilter tuning, playing and singing gives a new sound to the instruments and a dark edge to the lyrics which tackle political topics such as war, inequality, consumerism, etc. Track 4 is especially unsettling – a nightmarish horror tale.
I don’t have a good enough ear – but do these tunes also have odd time signatures?
you heard it 22 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1853 days ago, Roland Blunt played Mourning of The Praying Mantis
- 2784 days ago, Thee Opinataur played Odd Time For Two (Free Improv)
- 2832 days ago, Sally Goodin played Choppin' Down Weeds
- 2834 days ago, Number 6 played Mourning of The Praying Mantis
- 2835 days ago, Cousin Mary played Put Me Back In The River
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File