Dug Dug’s – “Dug Dug’s” – [Sony Music Distribution]
This record starts off (A1) with a lovely dissonant distortion. Don’t let this fool you, there is nothing wrong with the needle or the vynall, its just how the Dug Dug’s chose to kick off their first record. These guys are a 60s/70s psych-rock band from Mexico. They started off as a High School band, gained momentum in Tijuana, and landed a record deal in 1968 once they moved to New York. This, their self titled first release, came out in 1971. The Dug Dug’s were one of the only Mexican rock band to write and sing music in English, and they do so with a charming Mexican accent. These guys know how to rock. Their sound is dripping with classic gritty 60s fuzz guitar. The music here is pretty dynamic, ranging from laid back and easy to fast and hard. There is a lot of energy here, this record is fun to listen to. Chock out the epic Moby Dick-esque drum solo on A5. All tacks are recommended, there is no space-filler here, only two full sides of solid awesome. -Surfer Rosa
you heard it 21 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 2684 days ago, Pete Dixon played Let's Make It Now "Hagamosio Ahora"
- 3885 days ago, Sir Cumference played Let's Make It Now "Hagamosio Ahora"
- 4083 days ago, Sir Cumference played World of Love "Mundo De Amor"
- 4089 days ago, Nile Simms played Without Thinking "Sin Pensarlo"
- 4090 days ago, Monster Zero played Lost In My Word "Perdido En Mi Mundo"
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File