Ferraro, James – “On Air” – [Underwater People’s Records]
Phineas Narco would love this, as might Bob Lindsey.
Faux remakes of 90s MTV era hits, with lots of great
guitar work. Many terse passages, and integrated layers
of melodic instrumental synth-scapes populated through-
out. Vacuum suck. Spilling buckets of sound color for
retro flashback. Harmonies, and sampling. Imagination
washes, and reverberation. Musical analogies of calculus
and computation. Major League Baseball Two rock.
Transformational staged repetition. I am reminded of
Eddie the Rat, Wendy & Carl, but it’s more like the synth
pop stuff, such as Absolute Elsewhere, Absolute Body
Control, and the Wierd Records Compilations. Think of
Astral Social Club with Tipsy and Disco Duck. But most
of all, like DJ the Fourth.
-eveningly infinitely wipes scrub sonny atoms grizzly adam
you heard it 26 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 612 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played New Waver From Hawaii Saturn
- 795 days ago, Lurker played New Waver From Hawaii Saturn
- 1919 days ago, Thom Ankhs played Cone Heads In Fast Foward
- 2173 days ago, Mouthbreather played New Waver From Hawaii Saturn
- 2202 days ago, Cinderaura played New Waver From Hawaii Saturn
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File