Hennix, Catherine Christer – “Electric Harpsichord, The” – [Die Schachtel]
Hennix (born male as Christer who later became Catherine) performed this piece in Sweden in 1976 using keyboard and sine wave generator. This was pioneering in terms of minimalism and use of electronics at the time.
The accompanying booklet includes poems to guru Sri Faqui Pandit Pran Nath and notes and extensive mathematical formulas describing this piece.
Very minimal with long sustained tones and a few extra notes here and there, it is surprisingly engaging and very calming.
PGM: One 25-minute track, ends with 30 seconds of barely audible hum.
you heard it 9 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 671 days ago, Naysayer played The Electric Harpsichord
- 1196 days ago, Naysayer played The Electric Harpsichord
- 1542 days ago, Miniver Cheevy & Coleen Sparro played The Electric Harpsichord
- 3065 days ago, Morris Minor played The Electric Harpsichord
- 3066 days ago, eveningly infinitely wipes played The Electric Harpsichord
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File