Frajerman, Denis – “Tiphaine” – [Klang Galerie]
Albion Moonlight 5/10/2023 A Library, CD
Frajerman is originally a member of the French experimental group Palo Alto.
‘Tiphaine’ was composed for Frajerman’s wife’s 50th birthday using Arabic and Balkan rhythms and melodies as well as motifs from English and American minimalist music.
This CD is moody, haunting, and plaintive. The cello playing is particularly nice throughout the CD. The somewhat unfamiliar rhythms (to me anyway) provide a counterpoint that creates tension and gravitas.
Carole Deville : cello Denis Frajerman : percussion, bass, Rbox Hélène Frissung : violin
Favorite tracks #3, 4 & 5.
you heard it 8 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 5 days ago, Bryan Chandler played Sur ses ailes
- 11 days ago, Mitch LeMay played Au rythme d un vent
- 13 days ago, Cynthia Lombard played Au rythme d un vent
- 14 days ago, Cousin Mary played Il ya des levres et des yeux
- 16 days ago, Lucky Jae played Il ya des levres et des yeux
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File
Francoise Geller says
I followed Denis Frajerman since his very beginnings into reinventing a specific style, and
I have enjoyed his journey through growing in confidence and daring. He finds unusual ways to touch the listener and convey emotions. I enjoy his music