Ignivomous – “Hieroglossia” – [Nuclear War Now! Productions]
whngr 12/22/2022 12-inch, A Library
Aussie Tech-Death Doom
Heavy/fast – heavy/slow detuned death metal from the land of reversal. As above, so below. Frenetic fretting, double bass, blast beats, relatively sparse pinch harmonics, trem dives, and other guitar trickery, guttural bellows with compelling and even beautiful perhaps cover art by one Stéfan Thanneur of Ocre and illustrator to many delicious music related outings including Oakland’s Succumb. Ignivomous is Latin for “Vomiting Fire” and the themes include philosophic pessimism and gnostic ideology around the “… hostile nature of the material world”.
Active since 2006, this five-piece has had a couple of line-up adjustments but have retained the core of the founding members for their sixteen year existence.
Melbourne – 2019
you heard it 13 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 4 days ago, Teachers AIDS played Blood & Mercury
- 9 days ago, Whinger played Gaunt Redemption Parasite
- 32 days ago, Mister S played Vitriolic Swarm
- 35 days ago, Atavist played Blood & Mercury
- 37 days ago, Whinger played Cloaked In Resplendent Perdition
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File