Cthonica “Typhomanteia: Sacred Triarchy of Spiritual Putrefaction” [Sentient Ruin Laboratories]
So cold…vocals like an icy wind that pierces all coverings. Numbed and delirious, the listener stumbles to a barren earth of jagged stones as the freeze takes over. Lo-fi drums buried in the mix like an awareness of physical harm being done, but numbed senses can’t fully feel it. The first track is an epic length of disparate parts, weirdly put together. Nihilistic death metal with black inflections gives way to a menacing atmospheric interlude gives way to home-recorded-sounding doom passages. Generally there are a lot of great tones and textures within a palette of death and decay throughout the record. Within this desolate medium, Cthonica unearth their own unique derangements. Debut double LP from 2019 by this Venezuelan project.
you heard it 12 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 4 days ago, Jay Omega played VII: omega: De Derelictum Domum Sacrorum
- 12 days ago, Atavist played IV:I: Nor the Deadliest Disease Shall Be Compared...
- 18 days ago, Grawer played VII: omega: De Derelictum Domum Sacrorum
- 21 days ago, Dominic Trix played Act II: The Lantern
- 23 days ago, Mister S played Act I: The Chalice
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File