Hey!Tonal – “Hey!Tonal” – [Computer Students]
Hey!Tonal is the project of Kevin Shea, Theo Katsaounis, Alan Mills, David Davison, and Mitch Cheng. Recorded instrument-by-instrument over a period of two years in places across the world, each composition is filled with meticulously arranged, lush, mathrockin’ polyrhythms and polymelodies. The tracks were composed based of the drum track expertly executed by Shea and recorded over multiple times. The playful guitar work of Mills, Davison, and Cheng is mesmerizing, almost hypnotic. Because of the multilayered melodies, it’s rather easy to find yourself lost, following one melody then the next, twirling in atonal circles, but you never get dizzy. Katsaounis provides electronic accompaniment that fits perfectly among the madness, droning, tweaking, squirking, glitching exactly when it needs to.
Absolutely fantastic piece that, despite its avante-garde approach, is really quite accessible.
you heard it 25 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 8 days ago, Dusty Rhodes played The Best Way to Say Goodbye Is With a Silent Ride Off Into T
- 11 days ago, Ras Babo played Carl Sagan Is The Long Form of Bitchin'
- 14 days ago, Dangerous Dan played The Best Way to Say Goodbye Is With a Silent Ride Off Into T
- 19 days ago, Alizarin Crim played The Best Way to Say Goodbye Is With a Silent Ride Off Into T
- 19 days ago, Phil Phactor played Smarmy Faulkner
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File