Rejuvenation Trio, The – “Rejuvenation Voyage” – [Edgetone Records]
Cousin Mary 11/17/2010 CD, Jazz
Hasan Abdur-Razzaq and Ryan Jewell from Columbus, Ohio’s improv scene combine with Tom Abbs of New York to produce 14 noisy, frequently squawk-y tracks that show a lot of energy and satisfying interaction of reeds, percussion, strings and special effects from found objects.
Sometimes a bit hair raising, the cuts grew on me – some of the shorter tunes would be a good introduction into modern improvised jazz.
Notes: Unusual instruments include saxello (straight B??? soprano with a slightly curved neck and tipped bell), tarogato (single-reed, conical-bore woodwind), and the tongue drum (wooden box, with tongues (keys) to be played by mallets or fingers).
you heard it 14 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 4436 days ago, Goodwrench played Bamboo Mist
- 4441 days ago, Number 6 played Free Play
- 4450 days ago, Cousin Mary played Percolator
- 4451 days ago, Pax Humana played Strings & Things Suite
- 4457 days ago, Shawn Dupree played Signals From Space
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File