Bright, Jeff & The Sunshine Boys -I’m Still Missing You – [Waggletone Records]
Western noir, a twangy blue, countrypolitan/cocktail country vibe.
Both tracks are moody mid-tempo numbers with earthy nuance.
Catchy simplicity of traditional country and western with the cool, casual euro of a cocktail revival meeting.
It was the Mid Nineties, San Francisco was in the midst of a Western Swing revival. Jeff Bright and the sunshine boys were part of that. This single pre-dates their full-fledged dive into Swing, instead, it highlights Brights lyrics of love, loss, and yearning, with a band backing of vibrato, slide, and shuffle. – Thee Opinataur
you heard it 20 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 251 days ago, Dusty Rhodes played Let's Get Drunk (And Talk About Marriage)
- 252 days ago, Thee Opinataur played I'm Still Missing You
- 261 days ago, Zero Gravity played Let's Get Drunk (And Talk About Marriage)
- 265 days ago, Ras Babo played I'm Still Missing You
- 268 days ago, Zero Gravity played Let's Get Drunk (And Talk About Marriage)
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File