Stookey, Nathaniel – “Junkestra” – [Innova/American Composers]
Only a discerning composer/musician could take garbage and orchestrate it into something so rhythmic. This is the fruit of Stookey???s time with the Recology???s Artist in Residence Program at the San Francisco Dump. Percussionists coax music out of 30 instruments made from bicycle wheels, pots, pans, sewer pipes, car bumpers, plastic trash can lids, deck railings, glass bottles, oil drums, shopping carts, bird cages, and mixing bowls. Shades of STOMP abound in this listening treasure.
you heard it 32 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 943 days ago, Pax Humana played III. [Where Does The Lone Ranger Take His Garbage?] - For D
- 2071 days ago, Cousin Mary played I. and II,
- 2284 days ago, Pax Humana played III. [Where Does The Lone Ranger Take His Garbage?] - For D
- 2560 days ago, Surfer Rosa played I.
- 2641 days ago, Pax Humana played II.
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File