Ondes Martenot Jeanne Loriod [coll] – [Teldec/Erato]
The onde martenot was an early electronic instrument, in this recording its sound resembles that of a theremin. Nice compositions feature the martenot in a solo, with a piano, and with percussion – all of it sounds quite cinematic with an impressionistic flavor. These works should appeal to both modern classical and electronic music fans, or anyone wanting to set a somber mood.
Jeanne Loriod was considered the world’s leading exponent of the onde martenot; her sister Yvonne was a pianist and was married to Olivier Messiaen.
– onde martenot (owned mahr-te-noh)
– Olivier Messiaen (oh-LEE-vyay mess-YAHNH)
– Carpentier (Car-pon-tee-ay)
– Darius Milhaud (DAR-yus MEE-yoh)
you heard it 19 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1727 days ago, Naysayer played Lalita Pour Martenot Et Percussion
- 4487 days ago, Apollo Hades played Fete Des Belles Eaux
- 4490 days ago, Cousin Mary played Suite Pour Martenot Et Piano
- 4498 days ago, Lou Nautique played Suite Pour Martenot Et Piano
- 4501 days ago, Thurston Hunger played Fete Des Belles Eaux
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File