Ensemble Morkos – "Cedre Arabo-andalusian Muwashshah" – [Harmonia Mundi France]
Hemroid The Leader 2/3/2021 CD, International
Released 1999, Morkos Ensemble is a small group feat. vocalist, zither, violin, tambourine, and oud. The instrumentalists often double as chanters, following the vocalist. 17 tunes in all, 14 <3min.
Tracing roots in the music of the Arabo-Andalusian empire, Muwashshah (MYU-wuh-shuh ) refers to both a classical Arabic poetic form, and the music which takes it for lyrics.
Incipient sounds- after the Moors were expelled from Spain, their musical influence dispersed across the Greater Mahgreb region (western part of the Arab world, or northwest Africa- Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco).
you heard it 18 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 789 days ago, Naysayer played "Qatili Bi-ghunji L-kahali"
- 789 days ago, Bryan Chandler played "Qatili Bi-ghunji L-kahali"
- 795 days ago, Bixote played "Ya Maliha L-lama Wa-hulwa T-tathanni"
- 796 days ago, Naysayer played Bashraf "Bulbul Al-afrah"
- 796 days ago, Naysayer played "Jalla Man Qad Sagha Badran"
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File