Souleyman, Omar – “Jazeera Nights” – [Sublime Frequencies]
On this new 2010 collection “Jazeera Nights” from Sublime Frequencies, we are presented with live recordings by Omar Souleyman from 1995 to 2009 that have been transferred from cassette.
Soleyman comes from northeast Syria and became a sensation as a wedding performer doing music in the Syrian dabke style of folk/party sounds. Sublime Frequencies has brought his music to the attention of the Western world in 2006 and the rest is history….
It’s fast-paced Syrian folk-pop music that retains the feeling of the live performances from which the sounds were taken. Often it feels like Omar is in direct conversation with his fellow musicians, as he sings or speaks and then is met with an appropriate musical response.
In summer 2010 Souleymann is scheduled to tour the United States, Canada and Europe.
you heard it 40 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 103 days ago, Ann Arbor played Ala Il Hanash Madgouga (The Bedouin Tattoo)
- 129 days ago, Naysayer played Dazeitlak Dezzelli (I Signal, You Deny)
- 437 days ago, Naysayer played Dazeitlak Dezzelli (I Signal, You Deny)
- 1340 days ago, Naysayer played Hafer Gabrak Bidi (I Will Dig Your Grave With My Hands)
- 1511 days ago, Jack Tar played Hafer Gabrak Bidi (I Will Dig Your Grave With My Hands)
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File