Figiel, Piotr – “Organy Hammonda” – [Bureau B.]
Cousin Mary 5/29/2010 12-inch, Jazz
Originally recorded in Poland in 1971, this was the first organ release by pianist and film music composer Piotr Figiel. Including jazz, funk, latin and even featuring a Chopin Prelude (maybe that is required for a Polish musician?) – great fun with a heavy Hammond organ sound. Other soloists include Tomasz Stanko (trumpet), Janusz Muniak (flute and tenor sax) and Janusz Stefanski. Although it occasionally sounds a bit dated, thanks are in order for Bureau B. for reissuing this treasure.
PGM: First track on side A begins with the sound of walking in.?? Last track on side B ends with the sound of walking away.
you heard it 31 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 625 days ago, Cousin Mary played Piece of Space
- 891 days ago, Bully Demise played Bit of Spring, Bit of Summer
- 1180 days ago, abacus finch played Prelude In E Minor
- 1591 days ago, Justin Outlier played Piece of Space
- 2275 days ago, Cousin Mary played Piece of Space
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File