Kim Phuc – “Wormwood Star” – [Criminal IQ Records]
ophelia necro 5/13/2010 7-inch, A Library
Out of Pittsburgh, Pa. They named themselves after the girl in the famous Vietnam war photo. Former and current members of Brainhandle, and Caustic Christ. This is their second 7″ and it was released in 2008. Metal-intoned hardcore-rock complete with negative energy and bad vibes.
Side A: 4:02 Wormwood Star is about “thinking yourself into a black hole.” (A slight Stooges vibe on this one.)
Side B: Freak Out The Squares is a lyrical tribute to Dawn Davenport (a fictional character from the John Waters’ film Female Trouble) and includes lyrics about self-mutilation, fucking on Ronald Reagan’s grave and wiping up with an American Flag…in other words play this track during safe harbor.
LANGUAGE on Side B!
you heard it 18 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1299 days ago, whngr' played Wormwood Star
- 3280 days ago, Sir Cumference played Wormwood Star
- 3596 days ago, Thurston Hunger played Wormwood Star
- 4435 days ago, Ms. Tiza played Wormwood Star
- 4619 days ago, Lou Nautique played Wormwood Star
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File