carsonstreet 10/15/2020 CD, International
The legendary Adnan Othman has long been a driving force in the Malaysian rock scene. As early as the 1960s his groundbreaking songs in the style known as Pop Yeh Yeh (rock and roll sung in Malay) attracted fans from across Southeast Asia. Recently, he has gained many new fans around the globe due to a renewed interest in rock music from this region. Adnan first rose to fame during the groovy Pop Yeh Yeh era (1964-1970) in Malaysia and Singapore and he continued to evolve as a musician and composer throughout his exciting career. He made his first recordings in Singapore in the early 1960s, when he was invited to record with a highly popular backing band, The Rythmn Boys. He produced innovative material well into the 1970s, but always stayed true to his Rock-and-Roll roots, even when many other artists were turning towards more predictable disco influences. This album draws from all eight of his solo EPs.
you heard it 40 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 773 days ago, Lucky Jae played Bershukur - Thankful or grateful
- 773 days ago, Zero Gravity played Revolusi - Revolution
- 779 days ago, Avakhov played Normah - Normah
- 780 days ago, Zero Gravity played Tumpas - Lose
- 784 days ago, Ann Arbor played Mengapa Chinta Ku Lagi - Why do you still love me?
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File