Koes Bersaudara – “to The So-called “the Guilties”” – [Sublime Frequencies]
Sublime Frequencies proves that gamelan is not the only music for which Indonesia should be famous–indeed, the four Koes Brothers (translation of ???Bersaudara???) were the first band in Indonesian history to directly oppose the ruling regime. They even went so far as to get arrested for playing Beatles music at a party. This CD contains two sets of recordings from 1967. The first 12 tracks were recorded live in one night and are characterized by a garage rock sound. Tracks 13-20 are more ballad-like and reminiscent of The Everly Brothers (whose influence is clear). 21 was part of a compilation. Enjoy the sweet harmonies and upbeat melodies of this ???Indonesian Klasik Pop Nostalgia??? series.
you heard it 33 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 292 days ago, Slartibartfast played Untukmu (For You)
- 810 days ago, Hemroid the Leader played to The So-called "the Guilties"
- 845 days ago, Hemroid the Leader played Hari Ini (today)
- 2086 days ago, Mickey Slim played Voorman (jailor)
- 2525 days ago, Pax Humana played Bilakan Kamu Tetap Disini (I Wish You Would Stay Here)
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File