James, Elmore – “Final Sessions, The” – [Charly Music Ltd.]
Cousin Mary 4/5/2010 Blues, CD
These tracks were recorded in 1963, just a short time before the death of Elmore James, who was sometimes known as the “King of Slide Guitar”. James experimented with electronics to make his groundbreaking sound, and many musicians such as the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones considered him an inspiration and influence.
Excellent guitar and moving vocals, most backup musicians are unknown. Solid, meaningful blues.
PGM: Track 22’s interview contains language.
you heard it 89 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 56 days ago, Good Karma played Dust My Broom
- 112 days ago, dr doug played It Hurts Me, Too
- 132 days ago, Ras Babo played Dust My Broom
- 132 days ago, Ras Babo played Can't Stop Loving My Baby
- 602 days ago, Dangerous Dan played Dust My Broom
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File