Gendreau, Michael – “Polvo Seran, Mas Polvo Enamorado” – [Public Eyesore]
Danger! Extreme Minimalism
A harrowing experience for dj’s awaits. Can you handle the silence, low levels, and diminutive sounds of equipment failure? Soft low-frequency purrs, machines turning slowly, empty space, a distant dog barking, muffled speech from down the hall, near sub-sonic drone, abrupt crashes of abstraction. Arrhythmic plinks, plunks, bumps, thumps, and clicks. White-noise. Automobile traffic from 9 miles away, android insects, footsteps, infrasonic vibrations, and a decrepit lathe.
San Francisco based acoustician Michael Gendreau produces four tiny aural engravings that might cause you to peer at the cd player querulously and consider notifying Engineering about yet another cd player giving up the ghost. However, this is all according to plan as Gendreau’s work on low noise and vibration for buildings implies a focus on space and the site-specific sounds produced therein.
you heard it 37 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 392 days ago, lexi glass played Le Cris Du Batiment De Fri Art
- 1271 days ago, Teachers AIDS played Objects Separated By String
- 1272 days ago, Bully Demise played Polvo Seran, Mas Polvo Enamorado
- 1275 days ago, Sluggo played Polvo Seran, Mas Polvo Enamorado
- 1276 days ago, Sluggo played Ghosts of Logical Reasoning
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File