Abrams, Muhal Richard Mitchell, Roscoe – “Spectrum” – [Mutablemusic]
Track 1 – Romu – very beautiful and spare improvisation from Mitchell on sax and Abrams on piano, somewhat reminiscent of classical impressionists.
Tracks 2-4 – Non-Cognitive Aspects of the City – composed by Mitchell, performed by the Janacek (pronounced yan-AH-check) Philharmonic and sung by baritone Thomas Buckner. Stark, spiritual, tormented – somewhat reminiscent of Alban Berg’s operas.
Track 5 – Mergetone – composed by Abrams and performed by the Janacek Philharmonic, a modern classical piece.
Cool liner notes from Carl Lewis, who wrote a book about the AACM’s history. Extraordinary, creative music still advances.
you heard it 12 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 504 days ago, Naysayer played Non-cognitive Aspects of The City: Non-Cognitive III
- 4592 days ago, Rarus Avis played Non-cognitive Aspects of The City: Non-Cognitive III
- 4607 days ago, Dominic Trix played Mergertone
- 4609 days ago, Anubis, God of Jackals played Romu
- 4613 days ago, Rarus Avis played Non-cognitive Aspects of The City: Non-Cognitive III
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File