Father Befouled – “Holy Rotten Blood” – [Dark Descent Records]
Death metal with a satisfying amount of doom thrown in. Crushing, a bit atmospheric, unrelenting. Vocals are way down in the mix, but present, and it works. It’s all about those filthy guitars. The drums provide a pummeling barrage but aren’t the focus.
- 4:42 Full gallop of the apocalypse horse leads to a staggering breakdown.
- 2:04 This song is more like an interlude, or an idea for a song that didn’t become a fully-fledged piece. Instrumental.
- 3:47 Intensity picks back up with this track. Funereal doom-reminiscent breakdown before a crashing end.
- 4:16 Moderately fast-paced death leads to a trudging middle section before resuming the onslaught.
- 3:42 Starts out relatively mellow. There’s a somewhat unhinged guitar solo in there.
- 4:58 Features the heaviest, chuggiest riff on the CD.
you heard it 17 times on kfjc! most recently:
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File