Atlanta Blues 1927-1930 [coll] – [RST Records]
Nothing is known about Willie Baker, except that he would, as a child, play in Patterson, Georgia and that he may have gone to a Robert Hicks medicine show in Waycross, GA.
Charley Lincoln on the other hand, was born 3/11/1900. He performed with his brother, Robert Hicks (the same as above), professionally known as Barbecue Bob, for many years. After his mother and brother passed away, Charley became a very heavy alcoholic. He shot someone on Christmas Day 1955, and ended up going to prison. He died there of a brain hemorrhage in September 1963.
Atlanta, Georgia blues. One man, one guitar, one front porch.
you heard it 34 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 27 days ago, Avakhov played My Wife Drove Me From My Door
- 27 days ago, Teachers AIDS played If It Looks Like Jelly, Shakes Like Jelly, It Must Be Gelati
- 31 days ago, Jack Tar played Weak-Minded Blues
- 32 days ago, Kimbrosia played Ain't It a Good Thing?
- 35 days ago, Slartibartfast played If It Looks Like Jelly, Shakes Like Jelly, It Must Be Gelati
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File