Orcutt, Bill & Corsano, Chris – “Brace Up” – [Palilalia]
lexi glass 12/11/2018 12-inch, A Library
If you’ve ever listened to any of the work from these two titans of free music, then you already know to heed the title of this album. Drummer Chris Corsano and guitarist Bill Orcutt have been performing together as a duo for years (see here and here), but this 2018 LP is their first studio recording, and it’s just as explosive as you’d expect. Orcutt’s singular sound is on full display. His guitar bursts with in a frenzy of wild patterns, digs into tense repetitive grooves, or, in the album’s most powerful moments, soars in ecstatic anthems. Corsano’s rhythms are the thunder to Orcutt’s lightning. He gives the pieces a heavier rock sound, but without dragging them down – his sharp drumming drafts his counterpart at every hairpin turn. Two brilliant musicians with unreal chemistry – it doesn’t get any better than this.
you heard it 32 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1414 days ago, lexi glass played Love and Open Windows
- 1584 days ago, Self Titled played She Punched a Hole In The Moon For Me
- 1584 days ago, Pete Dixon played Double Bind
- 1590 days ago, Billie Joe Tolliver played Brace Up!
- 1591 days ago, Pete Dixon played Paris Spleen
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File