Dixon, Bill / Shepp, Archie [coll] – [Savoy Jazz]
Shepp (tenor sax) and Dixon (trumpet) are two legendary ???free jazz??? musicians who had been in the same quartet just prior to these March, 1964 recordings. Virtuoso groundbreaking improvisations, especially complex given the size of the ensembles. Frequently dissonant, but some tunes and beats are kind of catchy.
Winter Song 1964 (tracks 1 to 6) could be played as a set. Tracks 8 and 9 are alternates for Track 3.
I think Don Cherry (cornet) appears on Consequences (track 12), not on track 11 as noted on CD.
you heard it 23 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 3071 days ago, Jersey Girl played Winter Song 1964: Section III, Letter F
- 4145 days ago, Justin Outlier played The 12th December
- 4187 days ago, Justin Outlier played Winter Song 1964: Section III, Letter F
- 4362 days ago, Cousin Mary played The 12th December
- 4362 days ago, Cousin Mary played Winter Song 1964: Section V, Letter F (Played 3 Times)
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File