Reg Bloor – “Sensory Irritation Chamber” – [Systems Neutralizers]
lexi glass 5/8/2018 A Library, CD
Solo guitar carnage from Reg Bloor, an NYC experimental/metal guitarist. Bloor went solo recently, starting with her excellent 2015 release Themes for an Imaginary Slasher. Before that, she played in Glenn Branca’s ensemble for nearly two decades, served as concertmaster for several of his symphonies for 100 guitars (she and Branca are married), and collaborated with Bowie, Thurston Moore, GYBE and others. Bloor wields her axe fearsomely, churning out dissonant melodies that slash like a thousand blazing knives. Some pieces move in precise, repetitive melodic cycles, like the climactic bloody scene in a horror film playing in an awful continuous loop. In others, the guitar notes are blurred into a thick blackout. Brutal and brilliant.
you heard it 22 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1791 days ago, lexi glass played (You'll Feel) a Little Pinch
- 1792 days ago, Alizarin Crim played Projectile Bleeding
- 1793 days ago, Mance played Heads On Pikes
- 1801 days ago, Honey Bear played Heads On Pikes
- 1805 days ago, lexi glass played The Wrath of That
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File
Reg Bloor says
Thanks so much for the review!