Harrison, Lou – “La Koro Sutro ” – [New Albion]
Harrison is known for incorporating non-Western culture into his music. NY Times selected as one of best 1988 recordings.
??? Koro Sutro: Sung in Esparanto (the title translates to ???The Heart Sutro???, the Buddhist heart of divine wisdom). Exquisite choral/gamelan work.
??? Varied Trio: Elegant modern chamber work ??? percussion includes rice bowls, vibraphone, Chinese drums, bake pans.
??? Suite for Violin and American Gamelan: violin and gamelan duet, beautiful and very moving.
GAMELAN: Indonesian set of instruments such as xylophones, drums, and gongs; bamboo flutes, bowed and plucked strings, and vocalists may also be included. Built and tuned to stay together ??? instruments from different gamelan are not interchangeable.
you heard it 40 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 904 days ago, Cousin Mary played Suite For Violin and American Gamelan: First Movement
- 1554 days ago, Mouthbreather played Suite For Violin and American Gamelan: First Movement
- 2074 days ago, Sly Masterson played La Koro Sutro: Kunsonoro Kaj Gloro
- 3557 days ago, Cousin Mary played Suite For Violin and American Gamelan: First Movement
- 3853 days ago, MALLETS IIN WONDERLAND 2 played La Koro Sutro: Strofo 3
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File