a Hawk and a Hacksaw – “Forest Bathing” – [LM Duplication]
Albuquerque`s Jeremy Barnes and Heather Trost have played in Neutral Milk Hotel, Beirut, and this is their seventh release as A Hawk and a Hacksaw. Relatively tame Middle Eastern Anatolian sounding music. The press release from LM duplication reads, “it’s important to the band that you know where they are from” following with “they are not of a place, but their music evokes places.” The band calls this travelling music, and the focus can feel touristic and veer towards cultural appropriation. Requires engaging in at least a bit of fantasy.
For fans of Joseph Moskowitz, #5, #8 feature Unger Balasz on cimbalom. Deerhoof`s John Dieterich on #6.
you heard it 39 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 270 days ago, Dangerous Dan played The Sky Is Blue, The Desert Is Yellow
- 432 days ago, Dangerous Dan played Alexandria
- 478 days ago, Cocktailsfor2 played The Magic Spring
- 480 days ago, Dangerous Dan played The Sky Is Blue, The Desert Is Yellow
- 482 days ago, Cocktailsfor2 played a Broken Road Lined With Poplar Trees
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File