Brant, Henry – “Henry Brant Collection Vol. 9, The ” – [Innova/American Composers]
Cousin Mary 1/12/2009 A Library, CD
Brant???s spatial experiments place musicians in corners and places other than center stage. See liner for Brant quotes.
Track 1 – Dormant Craters – for 16 percussionists. Varies from gentle to booming, nice gamelan chimes. Gorgeous!
Track 2 ??? Ceremony ??? widely placed instruments and voices combine into a symphonic sound. (UC Santa Cruz orchestra)
Track 3 ??? Homeless People ??? schizophrenic discord from piano on stage, strings in corners and creepy gaiety from accordion. (Djerassi Artist Program in Woodside)
you heard it 8 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 2379 days ago, Social Norm played Homeless People
- 4980 days ago, Cousin Mary played Ceremony
- 5435 days ago, Terry Tyke played Dormant Craters
- 5436 days ago, Bixote played Ceremony
- 5442 days ago, Cujo played Ceremony
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File