Carlos, Wendy (Walter) – “Switched-on Bach ” – [Cbs Records /Columbia]
Walter (later Wendy) Carlos directly requested modifications from Robert Moog to enable the synthesizer to do everything from articulation to dynamics to make this album possible. At that time, tedious work and a lot of time were required to produce only a few seconds of music. This early electronic music was analog, not digital, and used Ampex 8-track tapes.
Released in 1968, SO-B became one of the first ???classical??? albums to sell more than 500,000 copies. It was on the Billboard Charts??? Top 40 for 17 weeks & Top 200 for over a year. In 1970, it won 3 Grammy???s in classical categories.
you heard it 39 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1115 days ago, Bully Demise played Air On a G String
- 1298 days ago, Billie Joe Tolliver played Sinfonia to Cantata No. 29
- 1522 days ago, Phil Phactor played Chorale Prelude "Wachet Auf"
- 1801 days ago, Morris Minor played Prelude and Fugue No 7 In E-flat Major
- 2337 days ago, Sir Cumference played Air On a G String
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File