Feldman, Morton – “Rothko Chapel Why Patterns?” – [New Albion Records, Inc]
Hemroid The Leader 4/12/2018 A Library, CD
Foundational Minimalism, hypnotic and meditative. The Rothko Chapel is a non-denominational chapel operated by the de Menil Foundation in Houston, TX which features 14 black but “color-hued” paintngs by Mark Rothko, a Yale alumnus as is Morton Feldman. It is a spiritual mecca for art people. The five parts Rothko Chapel are between 2 and 9 minutes long. Extreme minimalism. Feldman liked to have his players play very quietly. Meditative sound paintings, extremely inoffensive. Feldman was influenced by John Cage, and Why Patterns? features “indeterminate” note durations.
you heard it 24 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1106 days ago, SAL 9000 played Why Patterns?
- 1745 days ago, Hemroid the Leader played Rothko Chapel I
- 1750 days ago, Louie Caliente played Rothko Chapel IV
- 1750 days ago, Grawer played Why Patterns?
- 1757 days ago, SAL 9000 played Why Patterns?
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File