Ellis, Lisle – “Sucker Punch Requiem ” – [Henceforth]
When Ellis was in New York during the 1970???s, he was influenced by the graffiti art of Jean-Michel Basquiat who sometimes signed his work SAMO (same old (shit)). Track 14???s title notes the place and date of Basquiat???s death.
Ellis???s bass and compositions along with a number of other fine jazz musicians lead to a variety of sounds. Tracks 1 and 15 are especially unsettling; others are pleasant straight-ahead jazz.
Extra treat – some excellent female jazz players here!
you heard it 27 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 2697 days ago, Roland Blunt played Las Pulgas (Repelling Ghosts)
- 2935 days ago, Goodwrench played For Blues and Other Spells
- 4417 days ago, Terry Tyke played For Blues and Other Spells
- 4418 days ago, Dangerous Dan played For Blues and Other Spells
- 4422 days ago, Justin Outlier played Color Bind (Oracle) 1/2
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File