Bley, Carla & Haines, Paul Escalator Over the Hill (JCOA)
Cousin Mary 1/8/2009 12-inch, Jazz
Recording (1968-1971) of Carla Bley???s jazz opera using Paul Haines??? trippy poetry as libretto.?? These words wash over and provoke an emotion, but defy analysis.
Well played and sung by many fine artists.?? Some who were (or became) more prominent are Carla Bley (organ), Don Cherry (trumpet), John McLaughlin (guitar), Gato Barbieri (sax), Linda Ronstat (vocals), Sheila Jordan (vocals), Paul Motian (drums), Charlie Haden (bass), Viva (Andy Warhol celebrity).?? Startlingly original compositions from Carla Bley include eastern influences, calliope, etc.
Language on side 2, track 5.?? Last track of side 6 repeats ??? a flaw that was intentional?
you heard it 55 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 178 days ago, Phil Phactor played Rawalpindi Blues
- 689 days ago, Naysayer played End of Animals
- 689 days ago, Naysayer played ...And It's Again
- 696 days ago, Naysayer played End of Rawalpindi
- 717 days ago, Naysayer played Rawalpindi Blues
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File