Monkey Power Trio, The – “1995: The First Hour ” – [Pochahontas Swamp Machine]
Where it all began. Three college chums convened in the basement of a Brooklyn apartment building for an hour of on-the-spot songwriting with no preparation, not much in the way of proficiency, and barely any instruments (a couple of wind instruments, a 5-string guitar, and basement junk percussion such as a space heater, gas cans, etc). A lo-fi cassette recorder captured the magic. I’m not too big on the comedy bit “You Like-a The Cheese?”, but I do like the beautiful and disturbing story of “Baby Eyes”, and the other songs have a raw no-wave blurt that sounds good to me.
you heard it 11 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 3131 days ago, Herbert West and Oliver Loving played You Like-a The Cheese?
- 4957 days ago, Justin Outlier played You Like-a The Cheese?
- 4968 days ago, Anubis, God of Jackals played Jehovah's Shit List
- 4972 days ago, Kevin O`Dante played Theme From The Film: "Daddy, What Was Monkey Power?"
- 4973 days ago, Cynthia Lombard played Baby Eyes
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File