Extreme America 3 [coll] – [Knot Music]
Compilation 7″ showcasing the wide variety of extreme sounds emanating from the West Coast (of Michigan) during the late 90s. From power electronics to skronk-rock to more power electronics, this little record has it all!
Each song has a distinct feel, but they all track together. Good luck playing just one!
OO Species: Sirens, grinding metal, wailing static.
Walled Lake: Low-frequency rumblings, train blues, Americana guitar, hypnosis. Bonus fact: Walled Lake is named for the backwoods town where Louie C used to buy alcohol, cigarettes, and fireworks as a teenager.
Flutter: Pure electronic cacophony, oscillator scribblings, overloaded circuit bending.
Lockweld: More distorted electronics and machine noises. Liner notes indicate “vocals” but they are unrecognizable.
Audible XXY: Semi-cinematic samples, electronics, and ominous tape loops. Like walking down a long dark hallway.
Better Disease: Good old fashioned Michigan skronk-rock. The best kind. Guitar, drums, sax, and screams.
you heard it 18 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 671 days ago, Volunteer of record played Some Will Survive, Some Will Not
- 671 days ago, Volunteer of record played Flying Too Close To The Sun
- 677 days ago, Gram Sayles played Duo-Trio/Untitled Finale
- 678 days ago, Thighs Anonymous played Untitled
- 678 days ago, Louie Caliente played A Quiet Walk Through Downtown Nunica
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File