G*Park – “1983-1988+” – [Tochnit Aleph]
G*Park is Marc Zeier, the most obscure member of the already obscure Schimpfluch-Gruppe. His solo work is a surreal blend of field recordings, musique concret, and tape loops.
This box set (1 of only 77) contains CD reissues of 5 of G*Park’s earliest cassette recordings, along with one CD of previously-unreleased improvisation with Runzelstirn & Gurgelstock. Also included are a glossy booklet of artwork and a bag of tea.
Lots of loops and layers going on here, a rich collage flowing directly through the sub-conscious (or un-conscious) mind of the listener. Flittery bird calls and heavy machinery, like a field trip through an under-construction menagerie. Ominous tones, drones, and groans confuse and disorient.
Quasi-rhythmic scrapes and clangs. Heavy breathing, snoring, gurgling. Dreamy nitrous-oxide induced bliss. The dental chair and all its drills, picks, blood, and bright lights feels so far away.
Hazy radio transmissions pulled from the ether. Distant memories of high-school football. Crunches, crashes, and sharp staccato piano snap you out of it, and take you somewhere else, somewhere darker.
you heard it 21 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 39 days ago, Naysayer played R&G*Park Improvisation 3.3.91/9.2.91
- 306 days ago, Muad dib played R&G*Park Improvisation 3.3.91/9.2.91
- 351 days ago, Christless Eve played Damprichard
- 593 days ago, Fox Populi played R&G*Park Improvisation 3.3.91/9.2.91
- 735 days ago, abacus finch played R&G*Park Improvisation 3.3.91/9.2.91
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File