Gerald Hawk “The Honey Guide Bird” [Abduction]
Miss those voices inside your head? Fear not, they were
summoned by the musical magnet that Gerald Hawk operates.
Plentiful odd vocalizing on this dangerous disc o’ din.
First we had thousands of god-fearing folk who realized
that listening for Backwards Masking was as much fun as
self-flagellation with spiky switches. More recently all
the cool kids are going cuckoo over Reverse Speech. But
both of those processes require you to manually play a
medium backwards. That can give you Carpal Tunnelvision
in your ears. Hawk’s message is messed up straight from
the get-go to save you time and get to the important job
of hearing communiques from deities, aliens and your
deceased guinea pig. All scrambled by what sound like
civil war era submarines, shoddy gardening pipes and
some sort of space elevator. The pieces often are put
together with abrupt links, like a lion’s head on a
lamb’s body. The tail of track #2 is mesmerizing, an
angel singing the lost Conet Bible. Loops are used to
the point where ears begin to blur and you hear a phrase
change. Like magic, only it’s real. I thought I heard a
“fuck” on #5. but it’ll probably morph by the time you
play it. There’s water on Mars and this too!
you heard it 26 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1273 days ago, mouthbreather played Newspaper Caught on a Cookie
- 1468 days ago, Cinderaura played I Bought You a Lollipop Store Just to Watch You Suck On Th..
- 1932 days ago, Thurston Hunger played Serious Cool Cowboy With a Bubble Mustache
- 2380 days ago, Thurston Hunger played Serious Cool Cowboy With...
- 2684 days ago, Morris Minor played I Bought You a Lollipop...
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File