Philharmonia Orchestra & Thomas, Michael Tilson – “Debussy: La Mer / Nocturnes” – [CBS Records]
San Francisco Symphony conductor Michael Tilson Thomas in 1976, conducting London’s Philharmonia Orchestra & Ambrosian Singers through Claude Debussy’s (DEB-u-see) La Mer and Nocturnes.
La Mer is an ode to the sea but also an attempt at a symphony. The usual narrative of a symphony is dispensed with. A vast seascape.
Nocturnes are 3 separate parts, often programmed with just the first two. Clouds, Parties, Sirenes.
you heard it 12 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 522 days ago, Gram Sayles played La Mer: III - Dialogue Du Vent Et De La Mer
- 904 days ago, Jack Tar played Nocturnes: I - Nuages
- 973 days ago, lexi glass played Nocturnes: I - Nuages
- 980 days ago, Alizarin Crim played Nocturnes: III - Sirenes
- 985 days ago, mouthbreather played Nocturnes: III - Sirenes
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File