Rough Bunnies, The – “Mit Weisse Westen Dreck Am Stecken ” – [Ypsilanti Records]
This is great fun from female- Swedish- cousin duo, Anna and Frida aka Rough Bunnies. They have an sweet and innocent tone to their vocals, much like Deerhoof, but don’t be fooled, these girls are quite sexual and don’t take any bullshit from the boys. The album is a nice mix of folk, pop, hip-hop, and electronics, and broken English and Swedish vocals with a punk attitude that is contagious. The one-take, recorded in their bedroom feel of the record is charming, and that combined with the front cover artwork reminds me of daniel johnston in a way. There were only 200 copies of this one made, so treat it with care even though the artists like it rough.
you heard it 54 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 667 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played Guinea Pig Has a Nose For Love
- 1352 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played Who's The Blacksheep?
- 1378 days ago, Justin Outlier played Self- Destructive Men Can Go to Hell
- 1542 days ago, Fox Populi played Live For Today
- 2558 days ago, Cadillac Margarita and Pax Hum played Self- Destructive Men Can Go to Hell
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File