Vlatkovich, Michael – “Myrnofant’s Kiss” – [Pfmentum]
Born in St. Louis, Missouri and awarded a scholarship to attend the St. Louis School of Music, trombonist Michael Vlatkovich has lived in Los Angeles since 1973. His session resume includes films such as John Cassavettes’ Tempest.
Here, he leads a quartet in a creative improv setting. Jonathan Golove’s electric cello is alternately bowed and plucked, and along with David Mott’s baritone sax stands in for the bass. Chris Garcia on drums. Trombone, bari sax, and drum often conjure a second-line feel.
you heard it 10 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1172 days ago, Herb Rockwell played No Victims Just Volunteers
- 1172 days ago, Mitch LeMay played an Illness With a Countdown
- 1189 days ago, Avakhov played Myrnofant's Kiss
- 1193 days ago, Grawer played No Victims Just Volunteers
- 1193 days ago, Cousin Mary played a Tree Falls In The Forest While an Orange Rolls In Circles
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File