Wiley – Playtime is Over (Big Dada)
outlier 10/25/2007 A Library, CD
Grime Grandaddy Wiley’s ‘Eskibeat’ sound mixes UK DnB, dancehall and hiphop with a proper English delivery and T’n’T (Trinidad and Tobago, maaaaaaan).?? Eskibeat comes from Wiley’s “Eskimo” one of the two first recognized grime recordings, the other is “Pulse X” by Musical Mob.?? Rapid fire polysyllabic articulation turns the Queen’s tongue into an advantage that Wiley exploits like a streethood.?? Bouncy but serious even though it does sound like Ali G at times.?? Timing and space re-entry keep the tunes from becoming predictable and the overall production is tight and slightly Tubby’d.?? Ay, London’s calling and she’s saying, “Don’t fuck about Nigel, stick it in!”.
3W: Eskiboy Lyrics aSKAnce????
you heard it 10 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 4169 days ago, Shark Starr I played Johnny Was a Bad Boy
- 4397 days ago, Shark Starr I played Gangsters
- 4754 days ago, sonny atoms played Gangsters
- 4840 days ago, sonny atoms played Getalong Gang
- 5655 days ago, Meat Hooks played Slippin
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File