Baker, Chet Quartet – “Jazz At Ann Arbor” – [Pacific Jazz]
Cousin Mary 5/11/2016 12-inch, Jazz
Pacific Jazz was known for cool West Coast jazz and released 12″ albums from 1955 to 1957 – this was the third. Chet Baker’s trumpet is in fine form in this live recording from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and is joined by terrific side men. I especially liked Line for Lyons, Headline, and Russ Job.
After Charlie Parker worked with Baker on the West Coast, he went back to New York and told musicians “There’s a little white cat on the coast who’s gonna eat you up”.
you heard it 13 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1387 days ago, Bully Demise played My Old Flame
- 1462 days ago, Lucky Jae played Line For Lyons
- 1462 days ago, Lucky Jae played Lover Man
- 1853 days ago, Austereo played My Funny Valentine
- 2325 days ago, Droll played Headline
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File