Berio, Luciano – “Complete Sequenzas & Alternate Sequenzas & Solo Works ” – [Mode]
Luciano Berio (1925-2003) wrote 14 tour-de-force solo instrumental works for 14 different instruments between 1958 and 2003. Some of them were reworked into alternate versions for different instruments. They are modern, technical, emotional, theatrical, and canonic. He called them Sequenzas. On this Mode set (DG and Naxos also have sets) they are prefaced by matching couplets of Italian poetry by Berio’s friend Sanguineti. Mode also has the keen insight to include all alternate versions plus complete non-voice solo works. Mode has also seen to it that three of the Sequenzas are performed by those musicians that Berio actually wrote them for (viola – Knox, trombone – Dempster, cello – Rohan).
I cannot speak highly enough of Berio and/or the Sequenzas. Why don’t you try below….
-Cujo, KFJC, May 2007
you heard it 8 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1654 days ago, R Duck played Sequenza XI For Guitar (1987-88)
- 1695 days ago, R Duck played Edoardo Sanguinetti Verses Performed By Enzo Salomone
- 4504 days ago, Pax Humana played Edoardo Sanguinetti Verses Performed By Enzo Salomone
- 4540 days ago, Cujo played Gute Nacht For Trumpet (1986)
- 4546 days ago, George Foothill played Edoardo Sanguinetti Verses Performed By Enzo Salomone
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File