Los Donnenos – “Grabaciones Originales 1950-1954 ” – [Arhoolie Productions]
Los Donnenos “Grabaciones Originales 1950-1954”
The Norteno style is found in its most basic form here, with Ramiro Cavazos and Mario Montes playing accordion and guitar (or bajo sexto, the chunky sounding Mexican 12 string). There are many story songs, typically about bad-ass gunmen or unobtainable senoritas of great mystery. Each song is tagged with its style: the ranchera has that peppy and relentless Tex-Mex beat well known to anyone within range of a Spanish speaking radio station; Corridos are text-heavy ballads about heroic deeds of both well-known and obscure characters. Track 14 is an instrumental polka.
This music is what one might have heard at a dance or saloon in southern Texas 50 years ago, far more authentic to these styles than anything one hears today.
you heard it 21 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 1011 days ago, Hemroid the Leader played El Corrido De San Pedro (Corrido)
- 3027 days ago, Pax Humana played El Corrido De San Pedro (Corrido)
- 3502 days ago, Cadillac Margarita played El Sube Y Baja (Polka)
- 3602 days ago, sonny atoms played No Se Porque (Ranchera)
- 3875 days ago, Grizzly Adam played La Cantinera (Ranchera)
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File