Eyehategod – “Eyehategod” – [Century Media]
more filthy scum sludge from the delta boys after 14 years. first release since Joey’s untimely death but new stickman Aaron Hill sets off ripping from the start: Agitation! leaning more to their hardcore days, showing off his unrelenting chops. fear not, though, the sludgelords ain’t losin’ their heavy blues roots; digging in dirty and dragging deep in the muck by Parish Motel, really sloggin and slobberin on Robitussin, even slipping into some country fried noodling on Worthless Rescue. on Flags Williams lets loose ranting gutter poetry over a lumbering mess of feedback that segues nicely into the massive deteriorating hulks of Noose and Bootcamp. They may have cleaned up a bit since their Dopesick days but these southern hicks can still pound out southern riffs heavier than any.
you heard it 30 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 449 days ago, Milo Minderbender played Agitation! Propaganda!
- 1080 days ago, Monotone Heroine played Parish Motel Sickness
- 1133 days ago, Monotone Heroine played Flags and Cities Bound
- 1164 days ago, Milo Minderbender played Agitation! Propaganda!
- 1432 days ago, Lord Gravestench played The Age of Bootcamp
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File