Lemaitre, Maurice – “Poemes Et Musiques Lettriste Et Hyperhonie” – [Alga Marghen]
Maurice Lemaitre was the co-founder of an avante-garde French art movement called the Lettrists, who took influences from Dadaists and Surrealism. The lettrist movement explores art (poetry, painting, novels, cinema, photos) as well as social sciences (economics, law, psychology), and focuses mainly on the idea of creativity and the creative method.
On this album, released on the Alga Marghen label, Lemaitre explores the uses of the human voice. The first few tracks blend rock ‘n’ roll music while Lemaitre “sings.” Sometimes its in French, sometimes in gibberish. Recordings from 1957-1968, some of with appear to be recorded live. Very cool ,very interesting, very unique record that many will dig.
3WR: Found mouth sounds
you heard it 34 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 494 days ago, Kimbrosia played Quatre Lettries Sur Des Themes Rock- Demos
- 870 days ago, Avakhov played Quatre Lettries Sur Des Themes Rock- Take Diki Dok
- 1133 days ago, mouthbreather played L'alcove
- 1562 days ago, Thee Opinataur played L'alcove
- 1902 days ago, DJ Click played L'arrivee Des Lettristes a Bruxelles
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File