Renaissance Clavichord II, The [coll] – [Titanic]
This album features Bernard Brauchli playing clavichord compositions written in the 1500’s and early 1600’s. He performs on a period instrument – the Tosi Clavichord – which was built in 1568. Doing this review, I learned that clavichords of this era use fretting – more than one note shares a string. This saves space, but means that some note combinations are impossible.
These tunes are readily identifiable as coming from the Renaissance, but the sound of the clavichord is interesting – sounding guitar-like at times, with a bit of twang. Fun to compare to modern electronics in a way.
you heard it 24 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 2550 days ago, Cousin Mary played The Spanish Pavan
- 2559 days ago, Billie Joe Tolliver played Tocata De Primer Tono
- 2559 days ago, Billie Joe Tolliver played Intonatione De Primo Tono
- 2564 days ago, Cousin Mary played Tento De Oitavo Tom Natural
- 2569 days ago, Sid Badguy played Intonatione De Secondo Tono
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File