Early Music Consort of London, The – “Art of Courtly Love, The” – [Seraphim]
3-LP set from the 1970’s covers a fine selection of late Medieval secular music. Brilliantly played on period instruments, most tracks have vocals but some are only instrumental. Dissonant, odd harmonies to our 21st-century ears – this music links love to war, features “courtly” idealized love. Liner notes have lots of good background and academic information.
PGM: A sackbutt was an early trombone.
you heard it 22 times on kfjc! most recently:
- 248 days ago, Kimbrosia played Dance: Istampitta Tre Fontane (Anon 14th Cent.)
- 550 days ago, Bully Demise played Stropha: Vergine Bella (Dufay)
- 868 days ago, Bully Demise played Chanson: a Vous, Douce Debonaire (Jehan De Lescurel)
- 2613 days ago, Cousin Mary played Chanson: a Vous, Douce Debonaire (Jehan De Lescurel)
- 2613 days ago, Cousin Mary played Motet: Hareu! Hareu! Helas! Ou Sers Pris Confors (Machut)
12345 S. El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Public Inspection File